Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Late Arrival

I had all good intentions this morning. I woke up early, had everything ironed, lunches made...
even left the house early to take Arick to school. Ugh. I didn't know it was going to be THAT bad!
It started out down the street when I slid into a curb with my tire...thankfully. Lilo would have killed me if I would have scratched the rim! Then we continue on and pick up Sam (Arick's friend we carpool with). We get onto I-80 at Harlem Ave. STOPPED. Grrrreeeeeaaaattt! And that is Tony the Tiger Great! It took us 35 mins. to get from harlem Ave. to LaGrange Ave. when it usually takes 2 mins. TOPS! We get off and take 30. All the while we see two spin outs, 3 cars in ditches, an abulance, and a fire truck. No where in sight during my 2 hr and 45 min commute did I see ONE city snow plow. WOW. No wonder it was a nightmare! Thankfully I get to work relaxed, warm but unharmed. Remind me again why I LOVE Chicago so much??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment